From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Tristan Reeves
Sent: Wednesday, 1 June 2011 3:00 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: building the domain model - what tools to use?

Is there any reason it has to be a *visual* designer? There are non-visual
(scripted, or template based) solutions available.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Kirsten Greed <kirst...@jobtalk.com.au>
wrote:

Dear all

I want to have a visual tool that will generate business objects and the
means to persist them.

The kind of entities that I want to build have read only fields populated
from look up tables

For example

Base Table Customer

CustomerID int

CustomerName  string

TermsID  int

Look up Table Terms

TermsID int

TermsDescription string

I wanted to use a visual designer to create a class with the fields from the
base table as read write, and the fields from the look  up table as being
read only.

I have been trying to achieve this with Entity Framework - but the visual
designer won't validate my attempts

Has anyone had any joy doing this kind of thing with a visual designer?

Thanks

Kirsten