I think he's referring to the fact they fail catastrophically without
warning. They don't start to make a weird noise. They don't get bad sectors
for 2 or 3 days before you replace them. One they work fine. The next they
do not.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2011/05/the-hot-crazy-solid-state-drive-scale.html

Michael M. Minutillo
Indiscriminate Information Sponge