I would advocate doing your own project or an open source project in your
spare time - just so you have something to put on your CV.

While there are some aspects of development from winforms development that
can be transferred over (such as general .Net knowledge), it will still take
some time to become proficient in ASP.Net (and web development in general).

Years ago I started off doing purely WinForms, and my first couple of
ASP.Net projects were... well... not fantastic.