Is anyone using the Sync Framework 2.1

I am having problems getting the sample project "Sync101 with Remote Change
Application over WCF" - I am getting the a COM error due to incompatible dll's
(running on a x64 laptop)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
  Message=Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{F235D316-69DB-4918-8536-B8A008D93057} failed due to the following error:
80040154.
  Source=Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage
  ErrorCode=-2147221164
  StackTrace:
       at
Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage.SqlMetadataStore.CreateStore(String
fileName, CultureInfo locale)
       at
Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage.SqlMetadataStore.CreateStore(String
fileName)
       at Sync101.MySyncProvider.InitializeMetadataStore() in
C:\Data\Downloads\Microsoft\Sync101 with Remote Change Application over
WCF\C#\Sync101Provider\MySimpleSyncProvider.cs:line 83
       at Sync101.MySyncProvider.ToString() in
C:\Data\Downloads\Microsoft\Sync101 with Remote Change Application over
WCF\C#\Sync101Provider\MySimpleSyncProvider.cs:line 570
       at Sync101.MyTestProgram.Main(String[] args) in
C:\Data\Downloads\Microsoft\Sync101 with Remote Change Application over
WCF\C#\MyTestProgram\MyTestProgram.cs:line 71
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence
assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:

Google pointed me to MSDN article
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/syncdevdiscussions/thread/fc139787-7c35-45c3-aaf8-57abba03fc68

(Title on the article is "Exception when run Sync Framework on 64-bit Windows 7
with VS 2010 RC ")

This article explains the exact situation (caused by x86 vs x64 dll mismatch) -
but I can't seem to fix the problem - any clues?

I have changed all references to be "copy local=true" &  the platform & output
on the build configuration to all be x64 - still fails, plus have also changed
to all be x86 and still fails.

In the end what I need is an example application for File & Database Syncing
over an internet connection - this sample uses WCF Service with custom Sync
Providers which implement a proxy.

Should I use the Sync 4.0 CTP (which seems to sit on top of the Sync 2.1 anyway)

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Steven Parish