Hi all,

I am trying to find the details on how I set Visual Studio 2010 Installer
package so that it

(1)    Silently installs .net framework 4.0 client profile if it is not
present and

(2)    Silently installs SQL Server Compact Framework 3.5SP2 if it is not
present

To achieve this, I believe that I have to turn off the prerequisite
installation by unchecking the "Create setup program to install prerequisite
components" checkbox in SetupProject=>Properties=>Prerequisites then
manually add Launch Conditions to perform the prerequisite checks and
install any missing prereqs manually.

I have added the standalone installers into my application
(dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe & SSCERuntime-ENU.msi
SSCERuntime-ENU-x64.msi)

Starting with the .net 4 client profile, I have added a Registry Launch
Condition to search for existing .net 4 client profile.

It's details are:

(Name) Search for DotNet4 Client Profile

Property DOTNET4INSTALLED

RegKey SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client\Install

Root vsdrrHKLM

Value 1

Next I added a Launch Condition called "Test for Dot Net 4 Client Profile"

(Name) Test for Dot Net 4 Client Profile

Condition DOTNET4INSTALLED

InstallUrl ??? don't know what goes here

Message <Error Message>

I am unsure what I need to do next to get the .net 4 client profile
installer to run if the registry is not found.

Any ideas what I should do next?

Regards,

Tony