On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM, David Kean <david.k...@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> We showed off the new look today: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/
>

> Thoughts?

I agree, somewhat, about the colour, but feel you've gone too far towards
monochrome.  And if you make me learn a new set of damned icons, I won't
use the bloody thing.  This is one thing I wish Microsoft would stop
tinkering with.  Icons, menu layouts, dialog layouts.   Some of us don't
move on completely from one version to another, but use 3 different
versions of VS.  Do you have any idea how painful this is?

[image: Pictographic icons from VS 2010 on the top row with the equivalent
VS 11 glyphs on the bottom row]

Take the comment/uncomment icons. WTF are they meant to represent?

</rant>

--
Meski

 http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills