.Sick of all those crappy resolution monitors that do max height of 1080p.
Don't want!

Join the club. For a couple of years I had a BENQ 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor,
but then a local shop had a huge discount on the LG 27" so I rushed down to
get one. When I get home I wonder why everything looks a bit "grainy" and I
realise that I've simply bought a bigger screen with the same 1920 x 1080
resolution and woeful 1080 height. So whoopee! All I have is bigger pixels.
I stupidly didn't do enough research before buying.

Last week I was looking everywhere for a 1920 x 1200 screen for some extra
height, but normal shops don't carry them and I could only find DELL and HP
available for web ordering. In the end I gave up and decided on the U2711.
The 1080 height is a stupid limited standard, which I suppose is only
popular because people recognise it as being HD movie height.