All the PC winslabs are pretty dear. We have a couple of them and Win8
really does need a bit of grunt to run.

I can thoroughly NOT recommend the Dell Latitude ST (Atom + GMA600) as it
runs like arse (and cost $1300) - complete waste of money that is an
painful to use and an embarrassment to be seen with. It would be hard to
imagine there is a worse PC tablet on the market.

The Samsung we have ($1400 IIRC) is a lot better but you're never going to
see ipad/android-like battery life out of something with an Intel proc in
it. You're not going to see PC like performance out of something with a ARM
cortex in it. I don't think this bodes well for Windows on ARM.

--
*David Connors* | da...@codify.com | www.codify.com
Codify Pty Ltd