just a thought, have you considered EC2?

If you're hosting multiple websites you can have them in the same place which *may* make it easier for you - obviously the cost savings get 'better' the more websites you add.

I know you said you didnt want to be a system admin but really you get a bit more control and theres not that much messing around.

My costs for just a single website are:
1) domain name per year: $15/year (changeIP)
2) ddns: $6/year   (changeIP)
3) ec2: free for 1st year (salesman-ish arent I?) then $161 each year after that (reserved instance $62 upfront plus $99 year)

If you're adding 5+ websites then obviously only 1) and 2) increase (depending on your traffic thru EC2 which I'm assuming is light)

Wal