Yeah as long as the team agrees to a consistent style and sticks to it it
doesn't matter. It can be hard to switch from one brace style to another
but as long as the codebase is consistent it's something you can deal with.
Over time (and projects) within an organization the problem slowly goes
away (unless there's one a-hole that refuses to conform).

I know that when writing samples for a book it's common to put open braces
next to the expression that owns them to save on printed lines (one line
saved on 40 method calls through the book can mean one less printed page).
This is common in JavaScript too so there's language idioms to conform to
as well.

Michael M. Minutillo
Indiscriminate Information Sponge
http://codermike.com