Please ignore the framework design guidelines - it's not representive of what
the entire .NET Framework uses, and Krzysztof and Brad told me that it was
their biggest regret in the book.

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:27 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: What's up with braces?

So Resharper prefers vertical aligned braces (which I have traditionally used).
Now we have a schism because most of the sample code I see lately and the
Framework design guidelines use indented braces. Which authority do we believe
or follow?

I was thinking that I must prefer vertical braces because I like visual
symmetry and less clutter. Although the right align braces only add a tiny
amount of extra clutter on a line they do disturb the symmetry.

public void FooBar() {
  Something();
}

Some reputable books I have use vertical braces for namespace and class
definitions, but indented ones for functions and properties. Go figure?!

Maybe F# has the answer where the actual indentation is more important and
there is little need for block delimiters.