From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 3:33 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: More on cross-platform development

I don't think you should try and port complex business applications to a phone,
but specific features suit a phone.

Dead right! Your salon app is a perfect example. But as progress produces more
smaller and useful devices of various kinds we developers suffer with more code
and app versions. I can live with that.

In future, whenever anyone asks me about writing an app for any serious
purpose, I'll ask them "... and what functionality of this new app would you
like on a mobile device?". Gotta think about this right from the start from now
on.

Greg

P.S. Although Metro apps still sit in some weird middle ground that worries me.
I'm still disturbed on Win8 when I'm pushing big clunky touchy things around on
my 2560x1440 monitor. I still haven't found a Metro app that impresses me yet,
or one that comes anywhere near the functionality of my WinForms/WPF apps.