Wallace, Craig et al

You may recall a few months ago I was stung by this subtle and easily
missed change. As a migration test I opened all of my solutions in VS2012
and ran a bulk bouild and I was surprised when it hiccuped on dozens of
vdproj files! It's a serious impediment to quickly flipping over to VS2012
for all our live development.

There is a vdproj to WiX xml converter, but it produces reams of unreadable
xml and I didn't bother persuing it further. The output is useful as a
tutorial however.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well WiX was integrated into VS2010 and
managed to get a couple of simple setup projects working reasonably quickly
thanks to their good help and examples. However, old setup projects with
custom dialogs in them have me blocked at the moment as you have to design
the dialogs manually with x,y positions and lengths, a really tedious and
fragile process (is there a WiX dialog designer??). I also haven't yet
cracked how to make a WiX installer that behaves like an old IIS setup
project.

I spent all weeked in VS2012 and I notice that WiX setup projects now come
out of the box. I haven't tried one yet.