It does help, and thats the exact blog post I found my way to and went
with. :)

Seems that the best solution is to have the app hold onto the IPrincipal
itself. I was a bit surprised that was the best solution but given the way
the dispatcher works (with the possibility of anything throwing stuff onto
the exec queue to be processed) makes sense.