What ever you get will have shortfalls. It will also be out of date within
a year. (or less). That said, as others have indicated, you need to
identify (if not to us, then to yourself) what you need it for.
No device does it all, so you need to choose based on your personal
requirements. Battery life? Surface RT would do well. Does it have to run
any Windows apps or just Windows store apps. (That would decide for you).
Where do you use it? I rarely use a laptop without it plugged into power,
so battery life is not an issue for me (with a laptop) but with a tablet I
want the thing to still have a charge if I've not used it for a day or two.
I have an Asus Vivo Tab, and a Surface RT. To be honest, as impressive as
the surface is, I feel I like the Vivo more. It's laptop feel is more
convenient if you want to use it on your lap. The keyboard is more usable
and has a battery in it to extend the life of the battery in the screen. It
can detach and be a tablet. (which is way lighter than the surface when it
has its keyboard detatched... in fact even with its keyboard they are about
the same weight).
I'm sure there are other options around so have a look and try some out.

good luck :)

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM, James Chapman-Smith <ja...@chapman-smith.com