Hi all,
I'm just looking for various opinions on the two most prominent  development
environments for .NET, what you guys like about each, what could be improved,
and so on.  I use Visual Studio professional 2012 simply due to the
accessibility factor; Avalon edit doesn't work very well with screen readers,
and though I've spoken to the developers of SharpDevelop, they told me that
making it accessible would take basically recoding the entire interface with
UIA properties included, but if those properties are missing from the base
framework to begin with, then it's kind of hard, so I let it go.  I trust that
those on the project know what they are doing and what they are talking about
and that they are not just trying to blow my request off due to laziness.  And
it seems to me that Visual Studio has more features. Though I kind of wish
Microsoft would consider an open source license for the professional edition;
either for a very low price or for free as long as your project matches x set
of licenses or something like that, but I know that's probably never going to
happen.  I say that because development for me will be something fun for me to
do while not at work, on vacation, ETC, and not for career choices or profit.
I feel that some of the greatest software has been made via Open Source with
only donations to support it, and that some open source software is better than
it's commercial counterpart all because a bunch of developers got together and
decided to make a selfless difference in the world.  Anyway, I'm just curious
as to what everybody uses on here and why.