I had those exact same thoughts.  Which is why I stopped using the account.
 Which annoys me a bit because I was quit happy to successfully get my name
rather than david12...@gmail.com or something.  The other guy also seems to
have no idea how to avoid getting spam because it's the only account I have
that gets large quantities of it.

Now I only use the account for testing so he's welcome to my "Yay the email
function worked!" emails :)

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama