From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 3:17 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider

*       fuslogvw.exe shows no binding failures when my app crashes on the
test machine.
*       I compared the fusion logs of one that works and one that fails and
there are subtle differences, but there is no way of knowing what's right or
wrong.
*       I've compared the GAC contents of the two machines and their data
components seem quite similar.
*       I used procmon.exe to try and find file-not-found errors, but after
tediously filtering down I can't find anything obvious.
*       The event logs show nothing related to my problem.

So this seemingly trivial error has me completely stumped. The worst and
most irritating thing is that despite hours of stuffing around I can't even
find a clear clue anywhere about what data provider is actually missing.

I will have to write small experimental programs which incrementally
introduce new dependencies to iterate towards an answer. That's an absurd
waste of time.