Pretty sure one email doesn't classify as spamming. Personally, I think if
someone in our community produces anything they are proud of and want to
share with us, they should be encouraged. If said emails were to become a
regular thing then you could politely ask them to stop (off list
preferably).

Since you are in the business of begging, could you please make yourself a
cardboard sign or something so we can all give you free stuff as we pass
you in the street.