I got one of these little bad boys for my Gigabyte Brix recently.

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/list.aspx?s=47&ck=104

No fans, small, fast. Its advertised as DIY as you have to buy the RAM and
mSata separate. Makes for an AWESOME media center pc. Mine went from the
size of a Desktop HIFI looking component case (with fans) to a tiny little
box that's smaller than my hand and silent.

Love technology.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Ian Thomas <il.tho...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Something only for those willing to get intimate with their computer
> hardware: Samsung PM841 SSDs (128Mb ā€“ 256Mb - 512Mb) ā€“ note these are mSATA
> (see below)****
>
> Link<http://www.ramcity.com.au/upgrade/data-storage/internal-solid-state-drives/samsung-pm841/79997>
>  = RAMCity
> ā€“ I have had very good experiences with them, for my occasional need for
> RAM of various types; otherwise, I have no connection with the company. **
> **
>
> Iā€™m informed that these are normally supplied to OEM customers like Dell,
> Toshiba, SONY, and HP. ****
>
> [image: http://www.ramcity.com.au/assets/full/MZMTD512HAGL-00000.jpg]****
>
> What is an mSATA solid state drive you ask? Well, it has the same (but
> smaller) internals as a normal SSD, only without the external casing. At a
> mere 6 grams, and just 5cm long, 3cm wide, and only 4mm high, it's an
> incredibly light weight and durable high-speed storage solution. It fits in
> many current model Ultrabooks, slim notebooks, and motherboards with an
> mSATA slot (or you can convert it to standard SATA with a SATA-mSATA
> adapter<http://sendy.ramcity.com.au/sendy/l/mdfD892S191fZVsF763kXNx8BQ/qxMDwfMpwnX7OH77XPEujQ/FO2q4AqSgX1xMvZiZ3ldlQ>
> ).****
>
> The Samsung PM841 has the smallest z-height we've ever seen, and so far we
> know it fits perfectly in Sony Z7 series notebooks, Samsung NP9 (Series 9)
> notebooks, HP 9000 series notebooks, Lenovo W530, Toshiba Z800/Z900 series
> notebooks, Fujitsu Stylistic Q700 series notebooks, and many others.****
>
> **Ian Thomas**
> Victoria Park, ****Western Australia********

<<image003.jpg>>