Well WPF is a different beast and IsAsync was used more to do with making
long calls (image loading etc) that may occur from the web/IO not block the
actual UIThread.

Given in Silverlight nearly everything about it is Async or is embedded
within the .xap it's reliance on the same concept really doesn't apply ..
as typically is a problem for Background Thread workers etc to manage.

I still remember the day we announced that we would only support Async with
Silverlight .. over a million developers lost their minds over it and send
rage quit emails to the teams...

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes