On 05/11/2013 2:10 PM, "Grant Maw" <grant....@gmail.com> wrote:

> "I find your version of democracy very entertaining."
>
> Well the only alternative that I can see is getting people to vote on
every single issue. Is that what you are advocating?

I imagine that if you think about it you will find that there are many
other alternatives, not just the strawman you presented. One that is quite
close to the reality is that as issues arise, the government is forced to
listen to the will of the people and at least reexamine its policies. Fear
of losing marginal seats has this effect. So, how do the people make
themselves heard? Signing petitions is one legitimate way.