From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of David Connors
Sent: Tuesday, 5 November 2013 1:59 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: NBN Petition

On 5 November 2013 10:16, David Burstin
<david.burs...@gmail.com<mailto:david.burs...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On 05/11/2013 7:18 AM, "David Connors"
<da...@connors.com<mailto:da...@connors.com>> wrote:

> They ran a pretty big petition on the 7th of Sep.

I find your version of democracy very entertaining. Everyone who voted
obviously agreed with every single policy of the party they voted for.
Otherwise they would have just ticked the box that said "This is my preferred
government but I don't agree with every one of their policies".

(Election == petition) == laughable.
I doubt Turnbull will see it that way.

Anyway, all indications are that you're going to be able to get FTTP if you
want it for a grand or two install. I think Optarse is already proposing to
bury the last mile fibre cost in 24 month contracts ... no doubt if that do
that everyone else will.

Bypassing the node? Or will there still be an active termination at the node,
and then another run of fibre to the premises? The latter scenario is what is
going make this such a short term infrastructure play. Eventually, in 5, 10 or
20 years, all these nodes are going to be too much hassle to maintain (assuming
everyone paid for FTTP, and there’s no copper in play), so then what do we do?