Folks, I'm writing my first Web API today because I found that a Borland
C++ client can not easily consume a SOAP service. You can run the Borland
wsdl utility on the service, but the .h file it generates doesn't look very
useful. I'm trying a Web API service as an alternative.

I'm running through this tutorial:
http://www.asp.net/web-api/overview/getting-started-with-aspnet-web-api/tutorial-your-first-web-api

I can't find a way of debugging my project in the usual way of hitting F5.
There is no file to pick as the "start page". There is no project property
I can find to set the url variables to test different types of calls.

I'm currently testing it by simply typing
http://mymachnie/myapi/api/foobars/123 into an IE address bar. If it works
I get a prompt to open some Json, if it throws I get a prompt with a weird
title that does nothing and I have no idea what went wrong.

Is there some debugging trick I'm missing?

Greg K