From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Stephen Price
Sent: Thursday, 20 March 2014 8:41 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: OT: Windows on a Mac Pro

Not unfair to expect at all. My laptop (Samsung Book 9 Plus) has 13" QHD
(3200x1800) screen and a good number of the apps are all kinds of messed up due
to not handling scaling right. If you don't scale its too tiny to see
(seriously small fonts on 13" screen - lucky I got glasses!) or you scale stuff
up 150 to 200%. Problem is SOME stuff gets scales (probably the System font
usage) and other stuff isn't.
It's a problem now because they are so new (QHD and Retina screens) but over
time more developers will get them and in a few years it will all be sorted
out. Cutting/bleeding edge and all that.
Visual Studio handles it really nice due to WPF scaling awesomeness. I've seen
some Installer dialogs so messed up I've had to drop the resolution just to be
able to see the Next button. Non resizable dialogs with scaling are evil.

The screens are so crisp and clear that you live with it. Just.
:)

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Scott Barnes