On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Scott Barnes <scott.bar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Late reply - been sick.
>
> I use Adobe CC every day and in this situation i'd prefer to keep it in
> OSX mode than Windows simply because it performs better in a Parallels /
> OSX dual environment. I will also point out I also have a Thunderbolt
> Display for when i'm at my cubicle. When on the road I prefer retina
> display on the Macbook Pro when I design because of the sharpness (i'm not
> the best eye sight so every advantage i get works for me). However Adobe
> have only recently got their act together around supporting Retina display
> so it's only just *gotten* better to design with.
>
> Back in the old days I heard Adobe cross-compiled their apps to PC after
> OSX was taken care of. I don't know if that's still true today? Either way
> I haven't noticed much of a difference in specifics here as at home I use a
> desktop with Adobe CC and nothing changes other than short-cuts obviously.

I'd have thought with the common processor that there'd be a lot more in
common now, and they'd develop in parallel, or even have one build that
produced both.  Letting stuff get out of sync is a headache.

I like the feel of the OSX UI, and bear in mind I'm using both, day to day.

> I will however say that OSX + Cinema4D is much better to work with in a
> portable situation (again I travel alot for work, so i need to have a
> portable Ux studio ).
>
> Short answer - there is really no + or - in choosing OSX vs Windows
> anymore (except gaming).

Even there, there's a lot of games released on both, and increasingly Linux.

--
Meski

 http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills