Chaps, it's a SanDisk 240MB, which is suspicious regarding your comments! I
just went up to MSY and got a replacement, a Kingston this time, not
another SanDisk.

The shop guy said they'll send the SSD back to be analysed and either
repaired or replaced. I told him it was my C: drive so I'll have to
reinstall before I can give him the old one.

After reading some technical stuff on SSDs several weeks ago and how they
work and wear-levelling and the like I became a bit worried and moved the
swap file to a HDD in an attempt to cut down the writes. It's actually a
bit worrying how SSDs work when you look into them.

If the C: drive can stay on life support until the weekend I'll be happy.
Luckily the main work I'm on at the moment is inside a VM on a HDD D: drive.

*Greg*