From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Thursday, 12 June 2014 9:17 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] Samsung U28D590D 4K Monitor

Now at $722 incl GST from NetPlus in Perth.
Samsung U28D590DS/XY 28"
UHD<http://www.netplus.com.au/newsletter.asp?action=productlink&date=12.06.2014&code=MNSAU28D590DS>

This is stonkering progress ... my precious DELL two years ago was ~$770 and
had a 2560x1440 resolution which stunned me at the time, and I still enjoy it.
Now for the same price we're up to 3840x2160, but only an inch extra on the
diagonal. I guess in about a year I'll upgrade.

Progress in this area is really amazing. From my childhood I remember a scene
in the book The Andromeda Strain where Michael Crichton describes the most
sophisticated screen imaginable at the time for medical investigators who have
enough funding to try and save humanity. I vaguely recall a description of
thousands of optical fibres all converging into the back of a screen to produce
an image of unimaginable clarity. (look it up for yourself, as I last read it
in 1972). However, the movie was pretty good for it's day.

Greg K

This email is intended for the named recipient only. The information it
contains may be confidential or commercially sensitive. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of this email,
disclose its contents to any other party, or take any action in reliance on it.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete the message from your computer.