Folks, I might have to migrate some Embarcadero/Borland C (not C++) code
over to Visual Studio, but I haven't written any C/C++ for about 10 years
now (thankfully). The C code mostly manipulates flat files and performs
heavy stats calculations, so there are no serious platform dependencies to
make conversion difficult.

The trouble is, I've forgotten how to make a VS2013 C (not C++) project, if
such a thing is meaningful. I'm not even sure if the C language exists any
more!! Do I have to flip some compiler options, or will the '.c' file
suffix be recognised and prevent me from using any C++ headers or features?

It's a weird question, but C/C++ and projects and tools have changed so
much in the last decade that I'm disoriented.

*Greg K*