> I like how some apps (banking in particular) map the login details to a 4
> digit pin on the device. Gets rid of this problem.

Hey Dude, I had a chat the person managing this app and they said the
customer wants to stick with mixed case passwords. So for now, it's reduced
to a human problem that's solved by emailing out some instructions to the
users.

iPads are a bit too slick with the keyboards though, and case changing does
require caution. Although I think my iOS might be a bit old and I vaguely
recall reading that Apple recently changed the behaviour slightly.

In future though I'm going to remember this problem and consider using PINs
where it's suitable.

*GK*