Folks, yesterday afternoon I decided to "clean up" my brand new Windows 10
development box. Using sysinternals tools I found dozens of services and
auto-start things that I disabled. I cleared the start tiles, uninstalled
some OS features, etc. It all went quite well, but I haven't defeated and
removed Flash yet!! I took thinks a step further and followed the hints in
these pages to clear junk folders out of the Windows Explorer tree and to
remove all the Universal apps that I will never use:

http://www.askvg.com/tip-remove-6-extra-folders-from-windows-10-explorer-this-pc/
http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/

This all worked beautifully, but this morning when I booted I got a weird
screen telling me "Windows has installed updates and all of your files are
exactly where you left them". My screen background was black, and
absolutely everything I uninstalled or altered yesterday was undone.
Everything is back, folders, apps, everything.

This makes me very angry. Who owns this PC?

*Greg K*