Hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any experts on here that may have come across
an issue that I've been working on all day.

I have 32bit legacy program C++ (VS2010)  that makes a call to the .net
(4.0) c# assembly via a static method on a class in the assembly. The call
then loads a windows form class and proceeds to provide some functionality.
The call is via a #using "... my assembly path.dll" in c++ file that is
marked as /clr. The whole calling dll/exe can't be marked as /clr due to
it's legacy.

This works on all tested architectures (w7+ 32/64/Server 2k8+/XP 64 bit)
except Windows XP 32 bit. On the XP 32 bit platform we think the CLR is not
load to terminate.

I'm not getting any system generated crashes or dumps and the event viewer
is conspicuous by it's silence. Any way I got to this stage by rebuilding
everything on the suspect machine and using VS 2010 and pressing PF5 and I
can see the crash in the load cycle.

So what I'm asking for is clues as to how to go about further debugging or
an perhaps hints as further resources I can consume further my knowledge of
the loading process on this architecture.

(yes I know XP is out of support, unfortunately I'm unable to be likely
drop support in this release due to the client being a govt organisation).

Preet, in Auckland NZ