Folks, I'm probably the only person left in this group writing Silverlight, but I've got a shocking problem that has been uncrackable in my spare time for two weeks now.
Since I moved over to my new Win10 dev box and installed the SDK 5.0.61118.0 and the 64-bit dev runtime 5.1.41212.0 I can develop and debug Silverlight okay, but if I browse to any page with an app that's not on localhost I just get the blue logo asking me to install the runtime. So it's Catch-22 ... it works on localhost and in VS2015, but not when I browse elsewhere. I'm completely stumped and all web searches produces ancient useless suggestions. I just checked on an old VM running Win8 with the same SDK and runtime and it doesn't have the problem. Is there something different about Win10 or the latest IE11 that I'm not aware of?! *Greg K*
