Coffee drinking is so last year...

On Friday, 8 April 2016, Stephen Price <[email protected]> wrote:

> I baulk at the price of these machines, as coffee drinking is a fairly new
> thing for me. 5 years or so.
> But recently, one of the guys on my last project was a very snobby coffee
> drinker ( he even drinks his coffees without disturbing the coffee art
> foam! lol )
> This lead me to a new appreciation for coffee, so I have been pondering
> getting myself a more manual machine than my Nespresso. The pods are
> annoying me, on a environment level and a gimmick / "must buy from us"
> level.
>
> Not yet taken the plunger on deciding what to get though. Might ask my
> coffee snob friend what he thinks but I suspect I would been a new
> mortgage. Hehe
>
> Coffee is on topic here, right?
>
> Sent from Outlook <https://aka.ms/kr63o9> on iOS
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 6:06 PM -0700, "Greg Low (罗格雷格博士)" <
> [email protected] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>>
> wrote:
>
> Yep, the DeLonghi has been “ok”. I think it was about $2.7k at the time.
>
>
>
> I’m not necessarily after a sub 2k machine. Happy to pay for one that’s
> worth having.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
> Greg
>
>
>
> Dr Greg Low
>
>
>
> 1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913
> fax
>
> SQL Down Under | Web: www.sqldownunder.com
>
>
>
> *From:* Bill McCarthy [mailto:[email protected]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>]
> *Sent:* Friday, 8 April 2016 10:56 AM
> *To:* Greg Low (罗格雷格博士) <[email protected]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>>; ozDotNet <
> [email protected]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>>
> *Subject:* RE: Coffee snobs
>
>
>
> When my delonghi broke down(leaking water), I started looking at
> alternative machines.  Most of the cheap machines will make a good short
> single shot. But I like long flat white (occasionally a long macchiato) ,
> so it gets hard to find a machine that will do that consistently sub $2k.
>
> I use to have a cheap breville years ago, and it was good, but it was only
> good at short drinks, and really was a messy pain compared to an auto
> machine. Me, I’d go auto at the sacrifice of money and quality 😏
>
>
>
> The biggest thing to look out for, is if this is your go to machine during
> the day, then this will be the coffee you get use to. Most people I know
> that have decades of coffee drinking experience in Australia, use to find
> instant coffee acceptable, palatable, and even enjoyable. I was reminded of
> this the other weekend when I went to the timboon miniature train festival,
> and the only coffee was instant: sometimes spoiling ourselves everyday,
> spoils us.  If I didn’t drink ‘reasonable’ coffee all the time, I might be
> able to enjoy an instant, and maybe even a macca’s coffee too 😕
>
>
>
>
>
> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
> Windows 10
>
>
>
> *From: *Greg Low (罗格雷格博士)
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>
> *Sent: *Friday, 8 April 2016 10:19 AM
> *To: *ozDotNet <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>
> *Subject: *Coffee snobs
>
>
>
> Hi Folks,
>
>
>
> Given the importance of caffeine for code generation, I’m guessing there
> will be a few other coffee snobs on the list.
>
>
>
> Anyone got a recommendation for a serious (possibly manual) coffee
> machine?
>
>
>
> I’ve been using a DeLonghi automatic one but now feeling that I’d prefer
> something like this:
>
>
>
> BES890 or BES920:
> http://www.breville.com.au/beverages/coffee-machines.html
>
>
>
> The main thing that puts me off is the Breville brand.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
> Greg
>
>
>
> Dr Greg Low
>
>
>
> 1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile│ +61 3 8676 4913
> fax
>
> SQL Down Under | Web: www.sqldownunder.com
>
>
>

Reply via email to