I don't have much experience with IIS

I have a web site needing a classic application pool
and a web service needing an integrated application pool

Can I set up IIS to host them both with the same domain name ?

I have tried setting up both the service and the website as child
applications underneath the domain site in IIS.

Thus I have testname.com.au  with testname.com.au/mysite  and
testname.com.au/myservice

I have tried following the blog here to rewrite testname.com.au to
testname.com.au/mysite

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/iis-url-rewrite-hosting-multiple-domains-unde
r-one-site

However my rewrite attempt does not bring up the login page

Maybe because my website makes use of
FormsAuthentication.RedirectToLoginPage()   ?

Am I going about things the right way?