Oops, that should have read
 
Got it working now using   enableConfigurationOverride="false" for the
application pools in applicationHost.config
 
 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Kirsten Greed
Sent: Sunday, 1 May 2016 1:10 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?


Got it working now using the allowSubDirConfig = false  for the application
pools in applicationHost.config
 
http://www.sourceinaction.com/blog/web.config-dependencies-for-multiple-asp.
net-web-applications#.VyV0gfl97AU

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Kirsten Greed
Sent: Sunday, 1 May 2016 10:07 AM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?


I found how to use inheritInChildApplications="false"  in the location
section of the parent web.config
But it does not solve all my problems. www.testname.com.au/myservice takes
me to the login page of www.testname.com.au/mysite
 
I am investigating the help here now  https://forums.iis.net/t/1209516.aspx
 
maybe I need allowSubDirConfig ?
 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Kirsten Greed
Sent: Sunday, 1 May 2016 7:38 AM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?


Thanks Grant
I have switched back to classic for the moment, so now both the website and
the child service are in separate application pools.
My new problem is that the when I try browsing to the service url,  I get
errors complaining about the contents of the web site's config.
 
The service should be using it's own web.config.  How do I prevent it from
inheriting settings from the web site's config ?
 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Grant Castner
Sent: Saturday, 30 April 2016 7:34 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?



Try deleting the httpmodules section in your web.config file  for the
application generating the error. The same settings are also in the
system.webserver  modules section of web.config. httpmodules is there for
backwards compatibility for earlier versions of IIS.

 

Cheers,

Grant

 

 

Grant Castner

0458 770 749

 <http://twitter.com/grantcastner> http://twitter.com/grantcastner

 <https://au.linkedin.com/in/grantcastner>
https://au.linkedin.com/in/grantcastner 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Kirsten Greed
Sent: Saturday, 30 April 2016 6:04 PM
To: 'ozDotNet' <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?

 

I managed to recreate the default website and I got the website working as
the root of the default web site.

 

then I tried setting the service up as a child application of the default
website

 

When I try browsing to the service I get the following 


HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error

 

An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated
managed pipeline mode.

 

Most likely causes:
.This application defines configuration in the system.web/httpModules
section.

a little closer I guess...

 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Kirsten Greed
Sent: Saturday, 30 April 2016 4:38 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?

Thanks Adrian.

Only I deleted the default website  ( because a course I was following told
me too )

Any idea how I can go about setting the website as the root of the Default
web site?

 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Adrian Halid
Sent: Saturday, 30 April 2016 4:37 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?

Yes it is possible to have two websites sites running under IIS with one
using Classic and another using Integrated.

 

Firstly make sure you have two application pools. One for Classic and
another for Integrated. By default, I think they have them listed. But you
can create more so each web application on the IIS server can have its own
worker processes.

 

I would then setup the website as the root of Default Web Site. Configure it
to use the Classic application pool. This way you don't have to bother with
URL Rewrites.

 

Then create a child application for your web service as you have already
done so. Configure it to use the Integrated Application pool.

 

That should be it.

 

 

Regards

 

Adrian Halid 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Kirsten Greed
Sent: Saturday, 30 April 2016 2:07 PM
To: 'ozDotNet' <[email protected]>
Subject: Is the following possible in Windows 2012 R2 IIS?

 

I don't have much experience with IIS

 

I have a web site needing a classic application pool

and a web service needing an integrated application pool

 

Can I set up IIS to host them both with the same domain name ?

 

I have tried setting up both the service and the website as child
applications underneath the domain site in IIS.

 

Thus I have testname.com.au  with testname.com.au/mysite  and
testname.com.au/myservice

 

I have tried following the blog here to rewrite testname.com.au to
testname.com.au/mysite

 

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/iis-url-rewrite-hosting-multiple-domains-unde
r-one-site
<https://apac01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2fweblogs.a
sp.net%2fowscott%2fiis-url-rewrite-hosting-multiple-domains-under-one-site&d
ata=01%7c01%7cadrian.halid%40itvision.com.au%7cce1d0f14cc034cf5d28f08d370c01
295%7c56de4d2b35484e439e4b413cafaebf8d%7c1&sdata=Tk%2bxHON65ZfHJ1nstE8jFORYj
CezcbUA4UdGz%2bQGjkw%3d> 

 

However my rewrite attempt does not bring up the login page

 

Maybe because my website makes use of
FormsAuthentication.RedirectToLoginPage()   ?

 

Am I going about things the right way?

 



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 13415 (20160429) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 13415 (20160429) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 13415 (20160429) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 13418 (20160430) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 13418 (20160430) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 13418 (20160430) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Reply via email to