Hi Tom,

I have been reviewing laptops lately for value for money and decided the
battery life on the x360 sucked.

Most of the laptops in the $3000 range are dual core as well.

If you're after a 2in1 and dual core is fine you could consider Lenovo
thinkpad x1 yoga, or the Lenovo yoga 910. Lenovo yoga 910 is consumer and
had 7th gen Intel chip but no pen capability. Thinkpad x1 yoga has pen but
different port configuration.

Check ports on all laptops you consider. Thunderbolt ports are best if you
can get them. Usbc is second best (you can run multiple external monitors +
Ethernet cable via those ports) But you will also need adapters to fit.

The best value I ended up coming up with was a Dell Xps 15. But I have had
major issues. They have now replaced my motherboard 3 times due to crashes,
screen flickering and thunderbolt port failures. Tomorrow they will replace
my motherboard for the fourth time. Not good enough. If it fails this time,
I'm getting a refund.

My advice is look for discount codes as well. My son has a student account
giving him access to discounts on hp (limited selection up to 40%), Dell
(15%) and Microsoft (15%). Lenovo had up to 20% recently but have removed
that deal. Lenovo often have other deals. Apple 10% through a student
discount. Auto clubs, like racv, also have discounts.

If my laptop fails again and I have to buy another laptop, I think I might
get a Lenovo P50, but they're expensive and not as sexy,but I can get a
xeon chip or high end quad core, go up to 64gb ram, and put a second nvme
pcie ssd of I like.

The other laptops I considered were surface book. Didn't like the lack of
thunderbolt. Apple Macbook pro, which you can install windows natively on.
It's got an awesome configuration but bad battery life, and that's reduced
further by windows. Asus Zenbook pro 15 but couldn't find a price for the
right configuration I want (I only want 1920x1080 as I want more battery
life)
Hp omen - lacks extensibility. Dell precision 7510 far too expensive in
Australia.

Hope this helps!

Tony