> I think you do in app updates.

Bingo! I forgot to look in there. I was trawling web sites for the
update as a force of habit. It's offering me 26403, which corresponds to
the article comments I've pasted below. It asked to update the dependent VS
installer before proceeding. Urrrggh, it's running really slowly.

*GK*

P.S. I just noticed that Windows is telling me that Windows 10 Creators
Update "is on its way". When you click "Yes, show me how" it takes you to a
web page that says "Creators Update is here". Then there is a series of
confusing statements about "when the update is ready" and "Don't want to
wait". So after reading this mess I have no idea if the update is here or
not, or if I'm some being offered a beta test. Someone needs to proof read
this schmozzle.

*There's already an Update to VS 2017*
  *By John Montgomery*

Microsoft has already released an update to Visual Studio 2017. In this
update, which will show up in Help/About as 15.1 (26403.0), Microsoft has
added support for the Windows 10 Creators Update SDK, added support in
Xamarin Workbooks for C# 7, and updated the Redgate Data Tools. There is
also a set of performance improvements described in the next story Visual
Studio 2017 Performance Improvements.