So I'm using the top-of-the-line Surface Book at the moment in my new gig.
I must confess, the laptop has made a positive impression on me,
specifically given I'm a visual thinker (who likes to sketch note in
meetings). I will, however, say that the Pen sucks via OneNote but picks up
its strength again via other products like Autodesk Sketch. There is still
too much latency for the Pen which is a trigger for me.

The in/out of tablet mode is buggy, and while I'd put that towards Windows
10 as being at fault, however, the Surface product line can't play the game
of "it's not our fault, it's the OS" given if it's paired up against Apple
the lines of ownership should in this context encompass OS + Hardware
combined.

Performance wise, it can handle large amounts of computation while not
getting so hot that I can't touch the keyboard. So far its heat signature
is on par with my Macbook Pro (which I bought 1x month ago as well).

I'm not convinced to give up Macbook Pro entirely as whilst I enjoy the
detachable tablet mode, it's not something that I'd miss if it were removed
tomorrow ---- yet..

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes