Hi people,

I have an issue with an asp.net mvc application. Essentially, if I log into
the application, and I tick the "remember me" box, it stores a cookie with
the authentication details and logs me in.

Any time I come back to that site within the timeframe set within the
context of that saved authentication cookie, I am logged in automatically.
That actually works ok, no problems there.

But when the link to a page within my site is saved inside a Word document,
and I hold down the ctrl key and click the link, it opens up the browser,
attempts to go to the right web page, but it doesn't use the cookie, so it
requires me to log in again.

Outside of Word, I can still put the link into the browser and it will
remember the security context and log me in.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to get it to automatically
authenticate using the cookie, because this kind of behaviour makes me feel
like it was by design.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tony