Rings a bell and I've come across this quite some time ago.

Refer to the following, it probably relates to your situation:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/899927/you-are-redirected-to-a-logon-page-or-an-error-page-or-you-are-prompte

*The Web site in the hyperlink uses a Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication
system that relies on HTTP session cookies for client identification. Even
if you have already provided user credentials, you are prompted to provide
the user credentials again.*

Regards,

RC