Thanks Stephen but I am trying to do a dry run to deploy on IIS running on
Windows Server2012R2
I now have a test box to try and get working.
I seem to be going around in circles with the Microsoft Docs.
I don't have an option to add a NetCore application pool
I have installed the  .NET Core Windows Server Hosting Bundle  and the
dotnet core run time for 2.2.7