Might be worth looking into CQRS. Lots of info around about separating
databases for reporting and synchronization strategies. Pluralsight has
quite a few good courses on CQRS - eg
https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/cqrs-in-practice - especially the
chapter called "Synchronizing the command and query databases".

Most of the stuff by Vladimir Khorikov is pretty good too.

HTH.


On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 09:27, Tom P <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> I have a normalised database for an application that is working well but
> is not performant for reporting. I’ve tried and tried to optimise my
> reporting queries but they are just too slow as the data volume is large in
> the database. What techniques are there to tackle this?
>
> I was thinking of creating denormalised tables for the reports which would
> work but how to automate this so that whenever the main normalised tables
> are updated then the changes “flow into” the denormalised reporting tables
> and stay in synch?
>
> I’m sure this is not a new problem so surely some of the people here have
> been in this situation. Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Cheer
> Tom
> --
> Thanks
> Tom
>

Reply via email to