Depends on your long term plans mostly.
When I started I went with a management company. They took care of me being 
paid as well as insurances. After a year or so I investigated the insurance 
myself and started using Harvest for timesheet/invoices.
That took the overheads from 4% of my rate down to $1300 a year for insurance 
(And Harvest has a cost but it's like $80 or something)
I only went to a company structure when one company would not deal with a sole 
trader. It's not necessary in most cases but if you have to go that way then a 
good accountant (I use and recommend RSM) can handle 95% of that for you.
I'm now permanent and am enjoying not switching roles every year or so but 
would go back to contract, it all depends on the role not the $$.
Good luck!
________________________________
From: [email protected] <[email protected]> on behalf 
of Tom P <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:28:54 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: [OT] Contracting advice for payroll

Hi folks

This is the first time I will be in a contracting role. I've done some digging 
around payroll options but wanted to check with any contractors here about 
their experiences and recommendations.

There seems to be three options: (1) PAYG where the recruitment agent does it 
all, (2) set up my own company, or (3) use a management company.

Any advice from the contracting pros?

Thanks
Tom

Reply via email to