Folks, my 2 year old NBN connection takes 5 minute breaks multiple times a
day, every day. The Internet connection randomly dies, the lights on the
Arris black box go out and slowly come back, then it's going again. Several
months ago I called Telstra who ran "tests" and declared it would be fixed.

I wrote a tiny command line program that uses the NetworkChange
NetworkAvailabilityChanged event to log changes, but it doesn't work, no
events are ever raised even though I can see the modem lights
flashing. The class
documentation
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.net.networkinformation.networkchange.networkavailabilitychanged?view=netframework-4.8>
hints it does what I want, but there must be other adapters like the VMWare
ones that are ruining my expectations.

Is there some other way of easily monitoring up/down of the NBN connection?
Event log? Some utility program? Something I can write? Something in the
modem or switch? Anything?

*Greg K*