If you have a Raspberry Pi hanging around, I use mine to monitor my
internet connection using smokeping based on this article:
https://votecharlie.com/blog/2016/04/network-monitoring-with-raspberry-pi-and-smokeping.html.
I decided on the PI as it means I don't need to have a PC turned on all the
time. (As an aside, the Pi also downloads my solar PV data ever 5 minutes
and uploads it to PV output).

You end up with graphs showing latency, and dropouts:

[image: image.png]