I’d suggest a couple of points on this:

  *   Dotfuscator has been around a long time, so you’d imagine that for them
to still be in business their produce must be reasonable and that companies are
indeed willing to pay.

  *   Suggesting that you could just re-write an equivalent for $15700 is just
ridiculous. Could you create something that obfuscator some basic things, sure.
I could then spend less than that reverse engineering your obfuscation. There’s
nothing trivial about good obfuscation.

  *   Lastly, and I think this is the reason why I think they charge so much –
they probably need to have a fair bit of legal protection and insurance.
They’re offering a product that’s designed to protect the IP of others….. if I
were a betting man, this is not something I would undertake unless I knew there
was no way that I couldn’t be sued if someone managed to extract the IP, or
that I had enough insurance to cover any legal claim.

Nick Randolph | Built to Roam Pty Ltd | Co-Founder, Technical Director | +61
412 413 425 | 1300 613 140 | www.builttoroam.com<https://www.builttoroam.com/>
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email
in any way. Built to Roam Pty Ltd does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own
and may not reflect the views or opinions of Built to Roam Pty Ltd.