Folks, we have some old apps with their own simple credentials databases
containing user, password, login count, permissions, etc. They're classic
old fashioned systems.

Increasing numbers of apps let you sign-in with your Facebook, Google,
Microsoft, etc account these days. This is really convenient, and the
security burden is taken by someone else.

How can our apps participate in a social sign-in option? Has anyone done
this? I imagine some terrible obstacles...

? Apps would have to be registered with the various various companies.
? The client apps might be WPF, Xamarin, Blazor or ASP.NET, so how would
they hook into the sign-in process.
? Each company might return different types of tokens or even follow
different conventions.

*Greg K*