From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com <ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com> On Behalf
Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Monday, 26 April 2021 8:59 AM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Sign-in with social accounts

Folks, we have some old apps with their own simple credentials databases
containing user, password, login count, permissions, etc. They're classic old
fashioned systems.

Increasing numbers of apps let you sign-in with your Facebook, Google,
Microsoft, etc account these days. This is really convenient, and the security
burden is taken by someone else.

How can our apps participate in a social sign-in option? Has anyone done this?
I imagine some terrible obstacles...

? Apps would have to be registered with the various various companies.
? The client apps might be WPF, Xamarin, Blazor or ASP.NET<http://ASP.NET>, so
how would they hook into the sign-in process.
? Each company might return different types of tokens or even follow different
conventions.

Greg K