From: Kerry McGovern [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 1999 11:09
To: Kathleen Fahy; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: QLD midwives

Kathleen
Just a general comment!!!
The QNC has to, by law, investigate every complaint received. They have no
ability to ascertain whether a complaint is without substance unless they
investigate.
Along this line....do you know what's happening with the health
professionals registation boards? Is it true that they are all being
amalgamated into one??? Including Physios etc? I believe it's part of the
National Competition Policy review of health professional boards.
We do really need to keep up to speed with political and administrative and
legal developments. If this is so, then how will midwifery fare under such
a system??? What do midwives PLAN to do and how is their plan informed by
women's needs??
Just in case you had nought to think about!
Cheers!
Kerry

At 10:41 AM 7/6/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Dear Marina,
>This is yucky.  I never hear of witch hunts to track down medicos who are
>derelict, negligent or abusive to women.  Who is behind this?  Is it the
QNC
>or are they responding to a complaint.  Who is making the complaint?
Aren't